Strategic Human Resource Management
A Balanced ApproachPaperback Engels 2014 9780077145620
Now in its second edition, Strategic HRM: A Balanced Approach has been updated and revised throughout to examine the latest in theory and practice. Central to its theme is putting HRM in its organizational context and creating a more balanced approach to managing people – ‘HR sensitivity’.
To illustrate how understanding context is key to successful strategic HRM, this text doesn’t offer best-practice solutions but takes a critical perspective HRM builds on economics, psychology, sociology and industrial relations. It’s a multilevel approach that includes the individual employee, teams, business units, organizations, sectors/populations, and countries.
- New chapter on talent management
- New chapter on strategy implementation
- New cases studies, including CERN IKEA and Efteling
- Major revisions to chapters on achieving the right balance and HR roles.
- Cases and Discussion Questions provide real-world scenarios and issues to illustrate contemporary HR issues in practice
- Stop and Reflect Boxes throughout each chapter designed to encourage students to critically evaluate topics and issues raised and how they can be applied to real-life situations
- Personal Development Boxes help students think about how to link theoretical concepts with the development of personal skills appropriate to effective HRM
- Experiential Exercises present ‘Individual’ and ‘Team’ tasks at the end of each chapter that can be used as in-class exercises encouraging students to learn from direct experiences
- Chapter Summaries provide links to learning objectives to help students remember key facts, concepts and issues. They also serve as an excellent study or revision guide
- References and Further Reading list the literature referred to and highlight sources to help students to research and read around the topic in more depth.
Geef uw waardering
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Mens en maatschappij
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan