Domain-Driven Design (DDD) software modeling delivers powerful results in practice, not just in theory, which is why developers worldwide are rapidly moving to adopt it. Now, for the first time, there’s an accessible guide to the basics of DDD: What it is, what problems it solves, how it works, and how to quickly gain value from it.
Concise, readable, and actionable, Domain-Driven Design Distilled never buries you in detail–it focuses on what you need to know to get results. Vaughn Vernon, author of the best-selling Implementing Domain-Driven Design, draws on his twenty years of experience applying DDD principles to real-world situations. He is uniquely well-qualified to demystify its complexities, illuminate its subtleties, and help you solve the problems you might encounter.
Vernon guides you through each core DDD technique for building better software. You’ll learn how to segregate domain models using the powerful Bounded Contexts pattern, to develop a Ubiquitous Language within an explicitly bounded context, and to help domain experts and developers work together to create that language. Vernon shows how to use Subdomains to handle legacy systems and to integrate multiple Bounded Contexts to define both team relationships and technical mechanisms.
Domain-Driven Design Distilled brings DDD to life. Whether you’re a developer, architect, analyst, consultant, or customer, Vernon helps you truly understand it so you can benefit from its remarkable power.
- What DDD can do for you and your organization–and why it’s so important
- The cornerstones of strategic design with DDD: Bounded Contexts and Ubiquitous Language
- Strategic design with Subdomains
- Context Mapping: helping teams work together and integrate software more strategically
- Tactical design with Aggregates and Domain Events
- Using project acceleration and management tools to establish and maintain team cadence
About the Author
1. DDD for Me
-Will DDD Hurt?
-Good, Bad, and Effective Design
-The Learning Process and Refining Knowledge
-Let’s Get Started!
2. Strategic Design with Bounded Contexts and the Ubiquitous Language
-Domain Experts and Business Drivers
-Fundamental Strategic Design Needed
-Challenge and Unify
-Developing a Ubiquitous Language
3. Strategic Design with Subdomains
-What Is a Subdomain?
-Types of Subdomains
-Dealing with Complexity
4. Strategic Design with Context Mapping
-Kinds of Mappings
-Making Good Use of Context Mapping
-An Example in Context Mapping
5. Tactical Design with Aggregates
-Aggregate Rules of Thumb
6. Tactical Design with Domain Events
-Designing, Implementing, and Using Domain Events
7. Acceleration and Management Tools
-Managing DDD on an Agile Project
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Mens en maatschappij
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan