A Market-oriented PerspectivePaperback Engels 2012 9780470683668
This textbook answers the basic questions: "What is business development?" "What does the business developer do?" and "What characterises good, structured, effective business development?" Distinguishing business development and the tasks of the business developer from traditional approaches of strategic management, entrepreneurship, and strategic marketing, this textbook will enable the market-oriented business developer to conceive, craft, and implement superior business plans.
The book is divided into three modules focusing on the market-oriented business developer’s mindset, on providing a state-of-the-art toolbox for careful strategic analyses and decisions, and lastly on the critical aspects of business plans and their content.
The approach of the book is focused and selective in its choice of content and provides a cumulative development of the relevant topics. Each chapter includes an ‘implications for the market-oriented business developer’ at the end to enhance a student’s learning.
The content of the book is applicable to any new business venture as well as for the development and implementation of growth opportunities in mature organizations. Inherently international in its scope, the text includes numerous real world examples, taken from the author’s own experience as a biotech entrepreneur, as well as from the wider global business community.
Geef uw waardering
1. Introduction and Default Positions
Module 1. The Business Developer’s Mindset
2. Business Development
3. Market Orientation
4. Innovation, the Entrepreneur, and Entrepreneurial Orientation
5. Business Models and Business Plans
Module 2. The Business Developer’s Toolbox
6. Strategy and Strategic Management
7. The Business Environment – value creation I
8. Resources and Organization Design – value creation II
9. Value Appropriation and Property rights
Module 3. Crafting and Executing the Business Plan
10. The Marketing Plan – marketing management and market research
11. The Organization Plan – organizational development and governance
12. The Finance Plan – financial statements, arrangements, and valuation
13. Connecting the Dots – executing the business plan
Aanbevolen live events...
Amsterdam Business Forum 2023
Mensen die dit boek kochten, kochten ook...
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Mens en maatschappij
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan