Jan Klabbers is Professor of International Organizations Law at the University of Helsinki and Director of the Academy of Finland Centre of Excellence in Global Governance Research.Meer over Jan Klabbers
International LawPaperback Engels 2013 9780521144063
Written by one of the world's leading international lawyers, this is a landmark publication in the teaching of international law.
International law can be defined as 'the rules governing the legal relationship between nations and states', but in reality it is much more complex, with political, diplomatic and socio-economic factors shaping the law and its application.
This refreshingly clear, concise textbook encourages students to view international law as a dynamic system of organizing the world. Bringing international law back to its first principles, the book is organised around four questions: where does it come from? To whom does it apply? How does it resolve conflict? What does it say?
Building on these questions with both academic rigour and clarity of expression, Professor Klabbers breathes life and energy into the subject. Footnotes point students to the wider academic debate while chapter introductions and final remarks reinforce learning.
Geef uw waardering
Table of cases
List of abbreviations
Part I: The structure of international law
1. The setting of international law
2. The making of international law
3. The law of treaties
4. The subjects of international law
5. Jurisdiction, powers and immunities
6. The individual in international law
7. The law of responsibility
8. International courts and tribunals
9. Sanctions, countermeasures and collective security
Part II: The substance of international law
10. Use of force
11. The law of armed conflict
12. International criminal law
13. The seas, the air and outer space
14. Protecting the environment
15. The global economy
Part III: The surroundings of international law
16. Domestic courts and their relationship with international law
17. The politics and ethics of international law and global governance
18. By way of conclusion
Aanbevolen live events...
Regels en de ruimte
Mensen die dit boek kochten, kochten ook...
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Mens en maatschappij
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan