"A must-buy, essential textbook for anyone interested in or studying Health Psychology. Very readable and student-friendly. Excellent." Dr Adele Dickson, Edinburgh Napier University
This fourth edition retains the highly praised approach of previous editions, with each chapter providing an overview of the theory and research before moving on to explore applications and intervention practice. The primary goals of health psychologists are to describe, predict and then to intervene and this book continues to reflect that process.
Each chapter opens with a current, real world example that puts into context the topics that follow. Along with the increased use of case studies, this approach really sets the scene for students to fully engage with this applied area of psychology—an approach praised by lecturers and students alike.
New for the fourth edition:
· The text has been thoroughly updated and revised to reflect new research and emerging areas such as e-health and health technologies
· Applied examples and news headlines with commentary bring topics to life and stimulate interest
· New chapter focusing on theoretical and practical strategies of behavioural change in line with the increasing emphasis of these interventions in health psychology
· Further coverage of new technologies in achieving behavioural change and emotional regulation
· Additional coverage of lifespan issues and topics in child health psychology
Packed with engaging and useful features including research focus boxes, applications boxes and case studies, this textbook is ideal for students on health psychology modules and those studying in related fields such as medicine, health and social care, or nursing.
About the authors:
Val Morrison is Professor in Health Psychology, and a chartered health psychologist, based at Bangor University. She has taught health psychology since 1992, whilst maintaining a vibrant research group investigating psychosocial predictors of patient and carer outcomes of chronic disease and cancer.
Paul Bennett is Professor of clinical health psychology at the University of Swansea. He has published several books on health and clinical psychology as well as over 150 academic papers and chapters.
Geef uw waardering
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Mens en maatschappij
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan